Spay Neuter Network offers Full-Time and Part-Time Employment Opportunities
Who We Are
At Spay Neuter Network, we are on a mission to help communities care for their pets by providing accessible and affordable spay/neuter and preventive veterinary care in North Texas. We believe that every pet deserves quality veterinary care and providing accessible, affordable spay/neuter and wellness care for pets will reduce the number of animals that end up unwanted and homeless in our local shelters.
Where We Are
We operate a high-volume, high-quality spay/neuter and wellness clinic in Crandall, TX, about 15 minutes southeast of downtown Dallas. Spay Neuter Network also serves areas far beyond Crandall with our transport program and with the biggest and baddest mobile spay/neuter bus you have ever seen! We are expanding and providing services to more families and communities so we are looking for Exceptional people to add to our team.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. You may also drop it off at Spay Neuter Network’s Regional Clinic (102E Trunk Street, Crandall, TX 75114) or mail to the same address, Attention: Hiring Manager.
Want to volunteer? Click here for more info
Position: Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing exceptional client care in person, on the phone and using electronic communications. You will be responsible for maintaining the flow of patients through the clinic and maintaining good communication with the veterinary medical team to deliver the most pleasant and efficient service possible. You will be responsible for appointment scheduling, invoice billing, reminder calls, and reviewing instructions with clients at intake and discharge.
Ideal candidates for this position will be enthusiastic, positive and fun people with a passion for people and a knack for phones and computers. We are seeking a driven, goal-oriented individual, who is able to give exceptional customer service to our clients in English and Spanish whether they are in the lobby, on the phone or in our inbox.
Job Type: Full Time – schedule varies
Is It You? There’s a chance you may be our Customer Service Representative if you meet the description above, and if:
- You are a people person with a slash of animal savvy.
- Your eyes light up right along with the phone lines.
- You believe in your heart that even the angriest of people has a soft spot you can find.
Position: Veterinary Technician
The Veterinary Technician ensures the efficient flow of services, from admission to discharge, for each patient while maintaining the highest level of quality. The Veterinary Technician’s daily duties include working in partnership with the whole team at Spay Neuter Network to provide exceptional patient care, deliver the highest level of customer service to our clients, and generate ideas and enthusiasm as we plan for the future. The Veterinary Technician reports to the Director of Clinic Operations and plays a critical role in executing the goals of the clinic.
Ideal candidates for this position will be Veterinary Technicians with two years of experience working in a veterinary hospital, clinic or shelter and a solid understanding of veterinary technical skills. We are seeking a diligent, hard-working individual with a passion for helping animals AND people.
Job Type: Full Time – schedule varies
Is It You?
There’s a chance you may be our Veterinary Technician if you meet the description above, and if:
- A dog looks weird to you if they are not neutered.
- Nothing makes you happier than getting into the groove with the veterinarian and finding that perfect rhythm. It’s a mind meld thing…
- You relish the opportunity to give a rabies vaccination!
Position: High Volume Spay/Neuter Veterinarian
Responsible for daily care and sterilization in a high-volume spay/neuter clinic environment. Responsible for care of all surgical patients and maintenance of preventative health programs and medical protocol, ensuring all clinic staff members are adhering to proper peri-operative care of patients. Quality patient care is first and foremost.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Examine animals pre-op to determine their ability to undergo surgery
- Perform surgical sterilizations in a high-volume clinic environment
- Examine animals, supervise post-op rechecks, and oversee order of medical treatments as necessary to ensure complete surgical recovery
- Inoculate animals and provide recommendations for follow up care (this may consist only of referring client/patient to their regular veterinarian if an owned animal)
- Continue research and maintenance of safe and efficacious medical protocol regarding anesthesia and surgery
- Supervise handling and recording of controlled substances by Veterinary Technicians
- Actively promote spay and neuter, and educate clients on responsible animal ownership
- Actively support associate staff and volunteers, and promote the development of skills related to the advancement of our goals and mission
- Represent the Spay Neuter Network in a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Provide quality service to clients, volunteers, and staff recognizing their individual contributions to the success of our organization
- Participate on committees and special projects as assigned
Other duties as assigned
Position: Assistant Director of Finance and IT
This person is responsible for assisting in billing, invoicing and the customer service process for Spay Neuter Network. This will include assisting in the assessment of present clinic IT system, with the goal of refining and simplifying the information technology (hardware and software), the accompanying paperwork and the necessary workflow for SNN to operate on a daily basis.
Job Type: Part Time – 20 hours per week
- Track and pay vendors in a timely manner
- Make banking and QuickBooks entries
- Pay bills including independent contracts
- Invoice clients including grants, shelter contracts and agreements, rescue organizations as well as individual users of SNN services
- Ensure data is correct and compliant with medical record protocol
- Assist in evaluation of hardware and software used by SNN to identify potential simplification and then transition to an updated system
- Make recommendations on new programs and upgrades
- Train staff on the use of computer systems and software with documentation of training sessions and tests
- Evaluate phone systems, use of the system and its maintenance
- Grant reporting to ED and to funders
- Work with ED to create a usable system for tracking what grants are available, when they are due and then prepare information needed to move forward on applying
- Create reports as needed for ED
- Work with marketing team in maintaining a data base for givers
- Payroll including evaluating new service providers, keeping track of vacation times, bonuses, new hires
- Responsible for new hire paperwork, drug testing, files, background checks
- Keeps medical data on vets including current license copies, CV and continuing education
- Required maintenance log for all equipment that turns on including building maintained, vehicle maintained equipment (air-conditioners, lights, etc.), printers and computers.
- Assist in tracking building maintenance and security
- Create system with DCO to log, track and follow up on complications. Create a log for ED and veterinarians to review weekly. Recommend procedural changes as required.
- Ensures that the DCO maintains necessary records, oversees accurate recording and control of pharmaceuticals.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
Additional Duties and responsibilities:
- Treats all animals humanely, with compassion and concern, both on and off the job and transmits these values to others.
- Provides accurate information and friendly professional service to the public and to co-workers in a responsive, positive, courteous, truthful and tactful manner.
- Collaborates with the other managers and other special interest groups on special programs regarding spay and neutering.
- Assists in tours, lectures, public education programs, special events and fundraising activities as needed.
- Any allergic condition that would be aggravated from exposure or through contact with animals or chemicals used to sanitize facilities, vehicles or equipment, may be a disqualification.
- Standard office, animal care, public, and surgical environment with exposure to hazardous chemicals, anesthetics and sharp objects.
- Must be able to deal with an often times emotion-charged public and carry a fast paced and changing work load which at times can be stressful.
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends, holidays, overtime, and attend mandatory training and meetings as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Education and Experience:
Must have experience (preferably with a non-profit or medical organization):
- assessing software, systems and work flow analysis, and taking an organization through a system transition
- training and managing staff on system transitions
- mandatory proficiency in Excel, Quickbooks, all Microsoft Office products including to include MS Access and the other non-MS Office products
- developing and writing policies
- developing and working within a budget
- experience working with governmental agencies, community groups, volunteers, philanthropic organizations and foundations, animal welfare organizations.
Must have demonstrated:
- initiative to work independently, set and accomplish goals and meet deadlines;
- knowledge of current applicable state and federal human resources laws and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- must be highly organized
- excellent communications, public relations, supervisory, personnel management and written skills.
- ability to read, analyze and interpret documents; such as software instructions, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals.
- ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- ability to plan and implement projects with little supervision and able to work independently.
- working knowledge of MS Access, QuickBooks, Excel and Visual Basic/studio.
- working knowledge of software life cycle
- must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- valid Texas driver’s license required.