Responsible for daily care and sterilization in a high-volume spay/neuter clinic environment. Responsible for care of all surgical patients and maintenance of preventative health programs and medical protocol, ensuring all clinic staff members are adhering to proper peri-operative care of patients. Quality patient care is first and foremost.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Examine animals pre-op to determine their ability to undergo surgery
- Perform surgical sterilizations in a high-volume clinic environment
- Examine animals, supervise post-op rechecks, and oversee order of medical treatments as necessary to ensure complete surgical recovery
- Inoculate animals and provide recommendations for follow up care (this may consist only of referring client/patient to their regular veterinarian if an owned animal)
- Continue research and maintenance of safe and efficacious medical protocol regarding anesthesia and surgery
- Supervise handling and recording of controlled substances by Veterinary Technicians
- Actively promote spay and neuter, and educate clients on responsible animal ownership
- Actively support associate staff and volunteers, and promote the development of skills related to the advancement of our goals and mission
- Represent the Spay Neuter Network in a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Provide quality service to clients, volunteers, and staff recognizing their individual contributions to the success of our organization
- Participate on committees and special projects as assigned
Other duties as assigned
Who We Are
At Spay Neuter Network, we are on a mission to help communities care for their pets by providing accessible and affordable spay/neuter and preventive veterinary care in North Texas. We believe that every pet deserves quality veterinary care and providing accessible, affordable spay/neuter and wellness care for pets will reduce the number of animals that end up unwanted and homeless in our local shelters.
Where We Are
We operate a high-volume, high-quality spay/neuter and wellness clinic in Crandall, TX, about 15 minutes southeast of downtown Dallas. Spay Neuter Network also serves areas far beyond Crandall with our transport program and with the biggest and baddest mobile spay/neuter bus you have ever seen! We are expanding and providing services to more families and communities so we are looking for Exceptional people to add to our team.