About This Position
Business Office Coordinator
Manager of Business and Finance
The Business Office Coordinator reports to the Manager of Business and Finance to ensure and support the daily administrative functions of the organization and ensuring the timely execution and accuracy of purchasing, accounts payable/receivable, appointments, organizational and grant reporting, staff reimbursements, compliance and customer services provided by Spay neuter Network (SNN). The Business Office Coordinator serves as the lead of all accounts receivable functions, inventory management, payroll, billing issues and will regularly interface with staff, interns and our clients. SNN believes that through hard work, team support and the application of best practices we can make a difference in the pet over-population and enhance people’s relationships with the companions.
- To process and oversee the work of financial transactions, accounts payable, accounts receivables, vouchers, etc., by thoroughly monitoring data integrity and conducting data audits and correcting the accounting and other relevant financial records
- Prepares the financial reports in the accounting and finance system
- To maintain, the financial information from the database
- To apply the basic accounting principles, knowledge, and techniques to analyze variances and assist in production of journals, and perform routine accounting activities
- To review and perform audits of financial records for accuracy and provide training as needed to ensure accuracy and timely completion of correction
- Track and pay vendors and Independent contractors per established terms and audit packing slips to invoices for timely processing
- Validate, correct, and calculate vet payments
- Charge backs
- Daily clinic inventory and drug form entries
- Cash count and bank deposits
- Veterinary Payroll
- Credit card expenditure scanning and entry
- Assist with billing issues and questions
- Reconcile bank statements and investment accounts
- Issue monthly statements & invoice shelters and external/internal customers at end of month
- Ensure locations compliance with the inventory and inventory control processes and reconciliations
- Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures
- Inspect the levels of business supplies and materials to identify shortages
- Analyze data to anticipate future needs
- Human resource functions and records for the organization to include standardized processes for the recruiting hiring and training of all new positions
- Ensure standardized performance management and consistent execution of the system, within all locations
- Maintaining all personnel records and files in compliance with best practices
- Oversee and manage information technology (IT) activities, issues, staff training and vendor relations
- Maintain equipment and fleet inventories and the scheduling of maintenance and purchases
- Maintain computer equipment and replacements with budget
- Maintain and support technology, database, security and telecommunications systems, equipment, repairs and vendor relationships
- Supporting grant documentation for the manager as needed
- Responsible for all banking and all QuickBooks entries; Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data
- Responsible for the timely closing out the month/quarter/year-end
- Complete month end close process, including but not limited to: journal entries, accruals, and receivables
- Responsible for preparing and providing all financial reports as requested by the manager on a regular basis via; QuickBooks, Excel and /or MS Access queries
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations
- Any allergic condition that would be aggravated from exposure or through contact with animals or chemicals used to sanitize facilities, vehicles or equipment, may be a disqualification.
- Standard office, animal care, public, and surgical environment with exposure to hazardous chemicals, anesthetics and sharp objects.
- Must be able to deal with an often times emotion-charged public and carry a fast paced and changing work load which at times can be stressful.
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends, holidays, overtime, and attend mandatory training and meetings as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Education and Experience:
Must have experience (preferably with a non-profit or medical organization):
- Mandatory proficiency in Excel, QuickBooks, all Microsoft Office products including knowledge of MS Access and the other non-MS Office products
- Developing and writing policies
- Budget development and analysis experience
- Experience working with governmental agencies, community groups, volunteers, philanthropic organizations and foundations, animal welfare organizations a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to work independently towards established goals
- Excellent communications, public relations, management and written skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret various documents; such as technical guides and industry guidelines
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Valid Texas driver’s license required