About This Position
Director of Finance
Responsible for assisting in billing, invoicing, tracking grants, creating reports for ED, Director of Finance & IT and Director of Clinic OPs. This person will also contribute to streamlining the customer service process for Spay Neuter Network.
- Track and pay vendors in a timely manner
- Make banking and QuickBooks entries
- Pay bills including independent contracts
- Invoice clients including grants, shelter contracts and agreements, rescue organizations as well as individual users of SNN services
- Ensure data is correct and compliant with medical record protocol
- Assist in training staff on the use of computer systems and software with documentation of training sessions and tests
- Grant reporting to ED and to funders
- Create and report data for ED, marketing and clinic
- Work with ED to create a usable system for tracking what grants are available, when they are due and then prepare information needed to move forward on applying
- Create reports, graphs and data as needed for ED
- Work with marketing and development team in maintaining a data base for givers
- Payroll- including evaluating new service providers, keeping track of vacation times, bonuses, new hires
- Responsible for new hire paperwork, drug testing, files, background checks
Additional Duties and responsibilities:
- Treats all animals humanely, with compassion and concern, both on and off the job and transmits these values to others.
- Provides accurate information and friendly professional service to the public and to co-workers in a responsive, positive, courteous, truthful and tactful manner.
- Collaborates with the other managers and other special interest groups on special programs regarding spay and neutering.
- Assists in tours, lectures, public education programs, special events and fundraising activities as needed.
- Any allergic condition that would be aggravated from exposure or through contact with animals or chemicals used to sanitize facilities, vehicles or equipment, may be a disqualification.
- Standard office, animal care, public, and surgical environment with exposure to hazardous chemicals, anesthetics and sharp objects.
- Must be able to deal with an often times emotion-charged public and carry a fast paced and changing work load which at times can be stressful.
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends, holidays, overtime, and attend mandatory training and meetings as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Education and Experience:
Must have experience (preferably with a non-profit or medical organization):
- Mandatory proficiency in Excel, Quickbooks, all Microsoft Office products including to include MS Access and the other non-MS Office products
- Develop and working within a budget
Must have demonstrated:
- Initiative to work independently, set and accomplish goals and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of current applicable state and federal human resources laws and regulations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be highly organized
- Excellent communications, personnel management and written skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents; such as software instructions, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to plan and implement projects with little supervision and able to work independently.
- Working knowledge of MS Access, QuickBooks, Excel, Powerpoint and Prezi.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Valid Texas driver’s license required
Job Type: Part-time