Borrowing a trap:
- Traps are able to be borrowed from one of our fixed-site clinic locations or from the mobile cat clinics.
- Traps are able to be rented for free to residents living in 75208 however residents outside of 75208 will be required to pay a deposit of $70 per trap.
- Trap rentals are typically for a period of (7) days but extensions may be granted
- Traps may be picked up between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. at our fixed site clinics. For pick up at the mobile cat clinic please visit the HOURS and LOCATIONS on this website.
Groups who help us:
More information can be learned about each of these groups by visiting the GROUPS WE WORK WITH page.
- Dallas Pets Alive
- Feral Friends
- Dallas Animal Services
Below is a list of guidelines in reference to trapping. While some of these are suggestions, some may be based on local ordinances.
- The trap must be set on level ground so it will remain steady when the animal enters.
- The trap must be baited with fresh food every time. SNN does not reset nor provide food.
- When the animal is caught, you must take to one of our clinics for spay/neuter within 24 hours.
- All animals that are not intentionally caught will be immediately released at location of trapping, by the person who set the trap.
- Traps are not to be set if temperature is below 32 degrees or above 80 degrees unless the trap is monitored constantly.
- Under no circumstances are traps to be used as an aid for hunting.
- Any person abusing or neglecting a captured animal will be prosecuted.
Covering the end of the trap with food may make a cat more likely to go in, but is not a guarantee.